A man once told me I don’t know real love. The irony is, when it was all over, he left bitter, unforgiving, and angry. I, on the other hand, harbour no ill feelings, am grateful for what was, and pray for him still. True love wins. Even when the world says you’ve lost. It’s easy… Continue reading Whatever Is True.
A new favourite. A reminder of how God’s love changes us.
Here are some heart checks that are good starting points for laying your heart before the Lord. If you perpetually experience these heart attitudes, marriage may have become an idol:
- You think your life is pointless without marriage
- God seems less good to you because you’re not married and others are
- you feel your “manliness” or “womanliness” is less without sex
- you have your wedding planned to the detail but aren’t preparing your heart or character for the storms marriage brings
- you aren’t pursuing purity or maturity for Christ but to attract a spouse
- you’re focused on being and finding someone hot rather than on being and finding someone holy.
There is a kind of waiting where you have no idea when it will end, and how it will end. That’s probably one of the hardest times to get through. But it is also one of the best times to prepare yourself for what is to come. You can stare at the ceiling while waiting.… Continue reading Note to Self #10
In general, feelings are a very bad barometer of the truth. A feeling of peace can come from God, but it can also come from a lot of other things, like a glass of wine or a good nap. Plus, what exactly constitutes the “right” feeling when it comes to a decision? Is it peace? Or maybe joy? Or a sense of rightness?
Read what Stephen Altrogge has to say – Can You Miss God’s Will for Your Life?
If you are in Christ, you’re in good hands.
Is this what it takes – two well-known celebrities and cultural icons committing suicide in the same week? Is this what the world needs so it will finally pay attention – the drastic, final act of two mature adults who seem to have had all that the world has to offer? It could be that… Continue reading We Are Not Blind.